Sunday, February 23, 2014

Welcome

Chinchilla in the Classroom aims to be a helpful and colorful portrait of  a 3rd and 4th grade classroom with a chinchilla as a class pet.

Meet Charlotte:
She is a 7 year old chinchilla. Charlotte makes her home in the classroom during the week and then accompanies me home on the weekends. I plan on discussing more about keeping pets in the classroom, including chinchillas, in the near future. For now here she is and yes she often has that look of utter disdain.

In addition to being lucky enough to have a beautiful and exotic classroom pet, I am also fortunate to have a large beautiful classroom and a small number to students, 12 this year actually. Nicely split between 3rd and 4th grade.

I am really excited to share my pets, projects, and kids with you. I hope it will be a mutual learning experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment